Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Car travel activities for kids

We Are planning a lengthy drive this week. We're hitting the street before sunup and pushing until way past bedtime. As a survival strategy I have ready a giant set of road excursion activities for children. In Only a short while our family is going to be taking a road trip. A Road that is loooong trip. As In, start driving at 3 AM and hit our destination after 10 PM. With five children ages 7 and under. And No, we don't have a DVD player in our van. This May sound a little mad, but badly? Placing all seven people at a hotel room with a baby still waking up every two hours seems a great deal crazier. So I have been working at a building and collecting a variety of activities to maintain my team busy for our big adventure, go to website.

Books on CD

Our Number one action on long car rides is reading. Thankfully, my Seven and Five may read by themselves. But my Four in particular doesn't have patience for long trips, and he's not prepared to read independently. I will read periodically, but it's not something I wish to perform for ten hours! That is where books on CD come in. I borrow them from the library, save them in my CD holder, and reserve multiple copies of each book so each of the big kids can follow alongwith I Also known to my Best Picture Books for Kids Pinterest plank and found that a huge pile of new-to-us publications to take along. (The tough part was keeping my kids from studying them until the big trip!

Drawing Prompts

This Complete the Picture drawing pad from Melissa and Doug is brilliant. It is definitely too complex for my 2 and probably my Four. However, I think that it's something my older two kids, ages five and seven, will really appreciate. I needed to trim the pages to fit them into the small baking sheets.

Snacks, Snacks... and Much More Snacks

And What would a lengthy car ride be without snacks? We don't usually have prepackaged snacks in our house, but I'm making this trip an exception. I am packing mini chocolate chip cookies, honey graham sticks, crispy cheddar crackers, granola bars, and bunny bites. I'm also packing a few dry cereal (a rare treat -- that our children have plain yogurt with only a scatter of cereal for breakfast), string cheese, snap peas, and baby carrots. Plus a brand-new water jug filled with ice water.

Lap Boards

Have seen some remarkable DIY lapboards on Pinterest. However, I don't sew buttons. I don't do well with wood, foam, or extending fabric. I don't even cut a straight line. So this is my version of a DIY lap board. Locate A cheap magnetic baking tray (tip -- they are not all magnetic; assess first). This 9 x 13 tray cost 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet strips to them (even glue strips may utilize that extra adhesive). Anything To maintain my toddler out of dropping a mark each five seconds. The Sketchpad was out of the dollar bin at Target.

Shade by Number Addition Pages

My Seven asked for color by number pages. I wanted to make something that would challenge her and give something she enjoys, so I set addition facts on these fairy tale figures. You can find the listing of ten free webpages by visiting this particular post.

No comments:

Post a Comment